PEACE OF MIND WARRANTY
10 YEAR/400,000 KILOMETRE LIMITED ENGINE & DRIVELINE WARRANTY
UAP Inc., an authorized licensee of NAPA, warrants each NAPA AUTOPRO consumer who completes the Warranty Registration process with a no-charge Limited Engine & Driveline Warranty. This warranty will be valid on any qualifying vehicle for up to 400,000 km or 10 years of vehicle age – whichever happens first.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
If your qualifying vehicle has a qualified breakdown in the engine or driveline (which is defined as the transaxle, transmission, transfer case or differential), NAPA will pay the reasonable expenses, up to a maximum of $5,000.000, for replacement or repair of the covered parts and the associated labour to restore the covered parts back to a working operation. This is subject to exclusions, limitations, terms, conditions, eligibility requirements, and consumer obligations that are set forth in this limited warranty. Please note that NAPA will not be liable for special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages. This includes, but not limited to, towing, lodging, business interruption, loss of profits, damage to or loss of other property or persons, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
Some provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied limited warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This limited warranty does not extend the vehicle manufacturer’s limited warranty. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have the other rights which vary from province to province.
This NAPA limited warranty is provided at no extra cost, no one may charge you a fee for it, change it, or make any exceptions to its term.
Most NAPA parts, including the service and workmanship required to install those parts at participating NAPA AUTOPRO locations across Canada, are covered under NAPA’s 24 month, 40,000 km Peace of Mind Warranty. If you would like to review the NAPA 24 month, 40,000 km Peace of Mind Warranty, please visit www.napaautopro.com, or visit your local participating NAPA AUTOPRO Service Centre. You can find a service centre closest to you by going online, or by calling 1 886 GET-NAPA (866-438-6272).
WHO IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
NAPA AUTOPRO consumers who have complied with all eligibility requirements and who meet the age of majority within their province of residence on the date of the warranty registration. A NAPA AUTOPRO consumer may include a business entity, such as a corporation, partnership, limited company or similar entities, for the purpose of this limited warranty. You can transfer this limited warranty for the qualifying vehicle listed on the warranty registration only if the person you are transferring it too has copies of your receipts or can prove your compliance with the terms of this limited warranty and the person you transfer it to complies with the terms of this limited warranty. For further details, you can reach the Warranty Administrator, Matthew Scott Data Marketing Solutions Inc., anytime from 8am to 8pm ET Monday-Friday at 1 886 GET-NAPA (866-438-6272).
TERM OF WARRANTY
This limited warranty covers the qualifying vehicle during the period from the coverage commencement date through the date the qualifying vehicle reaches either 400,000 km or if the vehicle reaches the age of 10 from the date of manufacturing – whichever happens first, unless the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer fails at any time to fully comply with this limited warranty. This limited warranty may be opted out of by consumers at any time.
WARRANTY EFFECTIVE DATE AND COVERAGE COMMENCEMENT DATE
The coverage commencement date of this limited warranty takes effect after the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer has completed the warranty registration process, and then only after the qualifying vehicle has been driven a minimum of 6,000 km from the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer’s last service visit, which includes oil and filter change, at any participating NAPA AUTOPRO facility in Canada.
Warranty & vehicle registration
Found at www.napaautopro.com, the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer must enroll their qualifying vehicle using the online vehicle warranty registration form and agree to the terms and conditions of this limited warranty.
Qualifying vehicles: A privately owned or leased passenger car, van or pickup/light truck that has a gross vehicle weight rating or less than 4,500 kg, was manufactured within 48 months and has less than 60,000 km at the time of warranty registration is considered a qualifying vehicle. Qualifying vehicles exclude: a) modifications to vehicles for the use of competitive, timed, or exhibition motorsports activity; b) vehicles used for agricultural or drilling/mining purposes; c) vehicles whose engine has been modified with equipment or parts that would void the vehicle manufacturer’s warranty; d) modified vehicles that use non-factory equipment or accessories like snow plow attachments; e) vehicles with diesel engines that exceed 4.0 litres in capacity; f) kit cars; g) vehicle used for commercial purposes, and; h) vehicles used to tow any amounts or weights exceed the vehicles gross towing capacity. As long as the vehicle meets the limited warranty criteria, each NAPA AUTOPRO consumer may enroll as many vehicles he/she likes under this limited warranty. The NAPA AUTOPRO consumer must also be the owner or lessee of the enrolled qualifying vehicle.
CONSUMER OBLIGATIONS TO MAINTAIN WARRANTY
Consumer obligations: The NAPA AUTOPRO consumer must record their vehicle mileage at the completion of the vehicle warranty registration. In order to qualify, the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer must have regular and continuous service maintenance at any participating NAPA AUTOPRO facility in Canada. A regular service maintenance visit must include changing the qualifying vehicle’s transmission, transaxle, engine, transfer case (4x4 vehicles) and differential fluids. The differential fluids must meet or exceed the original manufacturer’s requirements and at intervals that do not exceed the manufacturer’s requirements as noted in the vehicle’s owner manual. You will find this information under “Severe Service,” or on your vehicle’s oil/fluid monitoring system (if available), but in no instance can engine AND driveline intervals exceed:
- Exceed 100,000 km or be greater than 36 months between changes for transaxle/transfer case/transmission and differential fluid and filter changes, and
Engine oil changes:
- Exceed 10,000 km using full synthetic based lubricants or be greater than a 6 month interval between filter and oil changes, or
- Be greater than a 4 month interval between filter and oil changes using conventional or semi-synthetic based lubricants or exceed 8,000 km
Additionally, you as the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer must repair significant fluid/oil/coolant leaks and perform other necessary repairs and maintenance to prevent engine or driveline damages that meet or exceed the original manufacturer’s requirements. You, as a NAPA AUTOPRO consumer, are also required to keep every service and repair invoices as proof of performance to use as proof if a claim is submitted. Your records may be on file, so check with your local NAPA AUTOPRO to see if they have your service history.
TO FILE A CLAIM
The NAPA AUTOPRO consumer must do the following to file a claim under this limited warranty:
- Be sure the qualifying vehicle is protected from further damage
- Upon discovery of the damages, call the Warranty Centre at 1-866-GET-NAPA (1-866-438-6727). You can also file a claim by writing to the NAPA Warranty Administrator, PO Box 1130, Station B, Mississauga, ON L4Y 3W4. Claim files must be submitted no later than 30 days from the date the damage occurred.
- Provide all information requested by NAPA
- Receive repair approval from the Warranty Administrator prior to disassembling, repairing, cleaning, or replacing any covered parts. No claims will be paid without prior authorization. NAPA AUTOPRO consumers must contact the Warranty Administrator at the number listed above in order to receive repair approval. For those submitting a claim in writing, the administrator will contact you directly.
- At NAPA’s request, you must make sure the vehicle is available for inspection.
NAPA may request more information after they review the claim. If so, the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer may be required to provide the following:
- Documentation of the damage and estimated repair costs.
- Copies of all service invoices as proof of performance for all vehicle related maintenance or repair. The invoice must be printed, not handwritten.
- A copy of any warranty or extended service contract.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS, AND TERMS
1.This limited warranty does not cover damages that occur before the coverage commencement date.
2.Covered parts are defined as internally lubricated driveline and engine parts including the following: pistons, piston pins, piston rings, connection rods and rod bearings, crankshaft and main bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain (but not timing belt), and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, hydraulic lifters, rocker arm shafts, valve springs, guides, oil pump, pushrods, rocker arms, pinion/ transmission/ transaxle/ transfer case/ differential gears/ ring gears. If a mechanical failure was caused by a failure of the listed above parts, then the engine block and cylinder heads will also be covered. The following are not included in the covered parts, unless such covered parts were replaced with qualifying NAPA parts and are covered under the NAPA 24 month, 40,000 kilometres Peace of Mind Warranty, i) all starting, ignition, and electrical system parts; ii) all fuel system parts; iii) the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) sensors or system; iv) the supercharger and turbocharger systems; v) the torque converter in automatic transmissions or clutch assembly system (springs, bearings, friction plates, etc.) in any manual transmissions; and vi) the exhaust manifolds. This limited warranty covers the covered parts, which includes labour costs for replacement or repair of the covered parts, and this limited warranty covers no other labour or parts. If a replacement is required, the part will be identical in type and quality (example, new, used, or remanufactured), and compatible with the original design. It will have normal wear tolerances of the qualifying vehicle’s odometer reading at the time of failure.
3.Qualifying breakdown is defined as the immediate and apparent total mechanical failure of a covered part designed to work as it was meant to under normal circumstances, as long as the vehicle’s fuel, electrical, cooling, induction, computer engine management, and exhaust systems are all functioning properly and were not the cause of the engine failure. The reduction in operating performance due to normal wear and tear such as a reduction in engine compression due to worn rings or valves, or abnormal sounds such as rattling, pinging, or knocking, are not included as a qualifying breakdown.
4.Each visit for a qualifying service must include (in addition to any of the manufacturer’s recommended service intervals if not specified in the vehicles’ owner manual):
- An oil filter replacement and enough required and specified motor oil to fill the crankcase of the qualifying vehicle.
- Replace the air filter as often as the qualifying vehicles’ manufacturer recommends in the qualifying vehicle.
- Driveline and engine serviced only with the vehicle manufacturer’s required grade and viscosity, including the use of synthetic or semi-synthetic fluids and specialized additives, if recommended, and in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended severe service interval schedule. However, in no instances can regular engine oil changes exceed 8,000 kilometres or 4 month intervals using semi-synthetic or conventional products or 10,000 km and 6 month intervals using fully synthetic products and the driveline fluids and filters must be changed no less than every 100,000 km or 36 months – whichever occurs first.
- All scheduled driveline and engine maintenance recommended by the qualifying vehicle’s manufacturer, as outlined in the severe service section in the owner manual of the qualifying vehicle.
- The qualifying vehicle’s emission control and fuel system must be inspected for, and in compliance with, the qualifying vehicle’s manufacturer recommendations.
5. NAPA may require that the qualifying vehicle be repaired at a certified NAPA repair facility for approved claim repair work under this limited warranty.
6. NAPA may reimburse the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer directly or pay for the repair facility that performs the repair. At NAPA’s discretion, if the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the qualifying vehicle, NAPA may pay the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer an amount equal to the private sale value of the qualifying vehicle on the date of a qualifying breakdown, as determined by the Kelley Blue Book or some other similar listing of vehicle values if a Kelley Blue Book value is not available. NAPA’s liability to pay for repairs is limited up to $5,000.00 per qualifying vehicle, or the value of the qualifying vehicle(s), over the life of this limited warranty. NAPA is only responsible for the repairs it approves and NAPA’s obligation to replace or repair any listed/covered part is the sole and exclusive remedy available to you under this limited warranty.
7. If NAPA pays any amount of money under this limited warranty and the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer has a right to recover costs from another party, the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer’s rights will become NAPA’s rights, up to the amount paid by NAPA, and the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer will do whatever is necessary to enable NAPA to enforce these rights.
8. The failure of any covered part this is related to any recall or pending legal proceeding, or for which the manufacturer has announced its responsibility by any means, is excluded from coverage under this limited warranty.
9. This limited warranty does not cover claims also covered by the qualifying vehicle’s manufacturer warranty or any extended service contract or warranty. However, if a NAPA AUTOPRO consumer has otherwise compiled with this limited warranty, NAPA will pay the deductible amount to be paid by the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer under any existing extended service contract previously purchased by the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer which covers transmission/transaxle or engine damage to the qualifying vehicle. Please note that this limited warranty does not extend the qualifying vehicle manufacturer’s warranty.
10. This limited warranty does not cover claims that are the result of:
- A collision or other accident
- Internal or external fire
- Water or flood damage including prior flood damage
- Negligent, reckless, knowing or intentional damage
- Timing belt failure
- Defects attributable to the vehicle manufacturer
- Improper installation of any part, unless the part is covered under NAPA’s 24 month 40,000 km Peace of Mind Warranty
- Fluid contamination like coolant, fuel, water, or foreign material
- Failure to keep the motor oil, clutch fluid (manual transmissions) automatic transmission/transfer case/transaxle/differential fluids and engine coolant at levels prescribed by the manufacturer.
NAPA may refuse payment of any claims that may otherwise comply with the terms of this limited warranty where NAPA believes in good faith that one or more of these causes contributed to the damage claimed.
11. This limited warranty can be deemed void by NAPA if the NAPA AUTOPRO consumer records the mileage interval incorrectly, or if the qualifying vehicle’s true mileage cannot be determined due to a malfunctioning odometer, etc.
12.All coverage under this limited warranty ends when the odometer reading has exceeded 400,000 km, or when the vehicle’s age is great than 10 years from the date of manufacturer, whichever occurs first, unless earlier terminated for non-compliance. Any claims that accrue after either one of the above-mentioned occurrences shall not be covered by this limited warranty.
13. This limited warranty is only available in Canada.
14. This limited warranty may not be transferred or assigned, except as otherwise provided for herein.
15. A may add coverage categories or discontinue offering coverage categories at any time without notice, at NAPA’s sole discretion. NAPA may close the registration for this limited warranty at any time without notice. No new vehicle registrations will be allowed in a discontinued category If NAPA discontinues the coverage for a category. However, those qualifying vehicles duly registered prior to such closure will continue to be covered as long as the NAPA AUTOPRO customer continues to comply with all the terms and conditions of the limited warranty.
16. A may add coverage categories or discontinue offering coverage categories at any time without notice, at NAPA’s sole discretion. NAPA may close the registration for this limited warranty at any time without notice. No new vehicle registrations will be allowed in a discontinued category If NAPA discontinues the coverage for a category. However, those qualifying vehicles duly registered prior to such closure will continue to be covered as long as the NAPA AUTOPRO customer continues to comply with all the terms and conditions of the limited warranty.
17. NAPA is the only identity that can change these terms and conditions.
We are thankful to have been awarded
J.D. Power 2011
J.D. Power 2012
J.D. Power 2013
J.D. Power 2014